Indeed, a problem with munging, or with any other workaround that
mailing-list software might do, is that the problem happens at
subscribers' domains, not at the mailing-list domain, and the mailing
list software has no idea what's going to happen on the subscriber's
side.  It can only see that the sender's domain has p=reject and apply
the workaround to all the fanned-out copies just in case.

Even with ARC, we have the same problem: the mailing list can put the
appropriate ARC seals on, but it has no idea which recipient domains
have implemented ARC and which have not.  Making ARC work involves
having it implemented widely enough that the other workarounds are
needed seldom enough that we don't have to do them any more.

Barry