Elizabeth,

(speaking as a DNS person).  I think this is "OK" - at my last job we set
up DMARC records which stricter in certain subdomains than
the parent domain. (Now I need to go find the machine where I left my code
which did all this validation).

(As a DNS person I want to find the folks who put in the TXT record for _
dmarc.cuny.edu and ask them to quote their string.  But that's
my OCD).

tim