While discussing this with someone at the conference yesterday, we thought
perhaps we could introduce something of a referral.

Currently:
_dmarc.ret.bmcc.cuny.edu NULL
_dmarc.bmcc.cuny.edu "v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; fo=1;
rua=mailto:dmarc_...@emaildefense.proofpoint.com;
ruf=mailto:dmarc_...@emaildefense.proofpoint.com";
_dmarc.cuny.edu
"v=DMARC1;p=none;rua=mailto:dmarc_...@emaildefense.proofpoint.com,mailto:post.mas...@cuny.edu;ruf=mailto:dmarc_...@emaildefense.proofpoint.com,mailto:post.mas...@cuny.edu;fo=1";

Proposed:
_dmarc.bmcc.cuny.edu "v=DMARC1;sp=refer:cuny.edu; p=quarantine; fo=1;
rua=mailto:dmarc_...@emaildefense.proofpoint.com;
ruf=mailto:dmarc_...@emaildefense.proofpoint.com";

Adding the "sp=refer:cuny.edu" would allow the existing policy to be used for
undeclared subdomains under the third-level domain.  This could be useful in
the situation where an OrgDomain would like to still maintain some control over
policy for the undeclared domains.

We didn't give it a ton of thought, so if others believe it to be problematic,
that's understandable.

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy