On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 12:18 PM Scott Kitterman <skl...@kitterman.com>
wrote:

> I don't understand the connection between DMARC policies and open signup
> domains?  What makes them in any way special relative to DMARC?
>
> Scott K

I agree with Scott on this.  I don't believe that "open signup" domains
deserve this special call out in this manner. For example, a domain
providing accounts to the public ( "open signup domains") may choose to
specify in its TOS that account email addresses may not be used to send
email from servers other than the domain's own servers. This is a
contractual issue, not an interoperability issue. We should be very careful
before wading into these waters. I understand the concern but I think the
concern is best handled in a separate BCP.

Michael Hammer