I agree with where you're coming from, as these were my same concerns as well. That's why I also tried to say a couple of times that I feel if we make an effort to make clear the interoperability expectations, but also have accompanying language that those specific expectations do not make a statement about perceived security benefits of strict DMARC policies... - My hope is that should be sufficient enough of a compromise to address everyone's concerns.

- Mark Alley