John R Levine skrev den 2023-06-20 02:25:
On Mon, 19 Jun 2023, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
I suggest that we do not only drop SPF, but also come up with better ways (simplification, tools, exchange formats) to implement DKIM in order to allow
for a smooth transition.

I'm scratching my head here.  On my system I publish and rotate DKIM
keys completely automatically.  The only manual config is to edit the
list of domains when I add or remove one from my mail server.  It's
not totally trivial but it's not that hard.

I suppose we could encourage people to implement ed25519 signatures
since the keys are small and more likely to fit in a single TXT record
string for provisioning crudware that doesn't handle multiple strings,
but beyond that, what do you have in mind?

i see it as a problem, not as a solution, would we want all to be forced to accept new algo ?, will old be depricated ?, yes retorisk question i know, but be carefull, metacpan Mail::DKIM does not yet have it, but there is patches waiting so maybe it comes ?

imho there would be more forward to see amavisd-new do ARC-Seal/ARC-Sign then to see it support one more algo in dkim, i know this is maybe just me ?