Sadly they can’t, there are Mailbox Providers that expect SPF Records, so to
maintain deliverability to those, you have to keep SPF records in place and
can’t switch to an DKIM only DMARC.

/ Tobias

From: dmarc <dmarc-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Murray S. Kucherawy
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2023 2:42 AM
To: Ken Simpson <ksimp...@mailchannels.com>
Cc: Douglas Foster <dougfoster.emailstanda...@gmail.com>; Jan Dušátko
<jan=40dusatko....@dmarc.ietf.org>; dmarc@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] DMARC2 & SPF Dependency Removal

On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 2:40 PM Ken Simpson
<ksimp...@mailchannels.com<mailto:ksimp...@mailchannels.com>> wrote:
FWIW, I'd like to chuck my hat in the ring on the side of removing SPF from the
next iteration of DMARC. As the operator of an email delivery service with tens
of millions of primarily uncontrolled senders on web hosting servers, it would
be great if domain owners could assert via their DMARC record that receivers
should only trust DKIM-signed email.

Can these senders not accomplish the same thing by removing the SPF record
altogether?

-MSK, participating