Two things:

> If unspecified with a policy tag "auth=",  this indicates that both DKIM
and SPF are supported.

I don’t like this approach.  I think that the absence of auth= means what
it has always meant: the sending domain is not specifying what
authentication methods it is using and the receiving domain should check
both SPF and DKIM.

This is significantly different to the sending domain explicitly specifying
that it uses DKIM in that in the latter case the receiving domain can treat
the absence of a DKIM signature with suspicion.

And the ABNF is needlessly complex and does not allow for extension.  It’s
easy to rework it in the manner of many other specifications that do
similar things.

Barry