On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 10:04 AM Todd Herr <todd.herr=
40valimail....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 2:15 PM Barry Leiba <barryle...@computer.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Now that we have a consensus call on the main issue that has remained
>> open:
>>
>> 1. Do we need to retain our session at IETF 118 and discuss this (or
>> something else) further?
>>
>> ...or...
>>
>> 2. Do we have what we need to finish up the DMARCbis document, and
>> should the chairs cancel the session at 118?
>>
>> Oh, and...
>>
>> 3. Is there something else (such as the reporting documents) that we
>> should use the time at 118 to discuss?  Or can we continue with those
>> on the mailing list for now?  My sense is that aggregate reporting, at
>> least, is just about ready to go and doesn't need the face-to-face
>> time.
>>

> I think canceling the session at 118 is the way to go.
>
> I further think that the best way to produce the next rev of DMARCbis is
> for the chairs and the editors (and perhaps the ADs) to huddle together and
> create/update issues in the Github repository for the sections of text for
> which changes have been proposed. At a minimum, the outcome of this meeting
> would be several bullet points all following this pattern:
>
>    - Create/update GitHub issue with $TITLE using text from
>    $MAILING_LIST_THREAD
>
> Todd, as editor whose mail client isn't one that lends itself well to
> piecing together multiple threads into a coherent list...
>
> --
>
> *Todd Herr * | Technical Director, Standards & Ecosystem
> *e:* todd.h...@valimail.com
> *p:* 703-220-4153
> *m:* 703.220.4153

I never saw a response to this post to the list by Todd. As we reach the
end of 2023 and the start of 2024, I agree that the chairs, AD and editors
should address what issues are left to be addressed and/or need to be added
to the list of on-topic open issues. In the interest of completing the
working groups objectives, off-topic posts/threads should be shut down
quickly so that we can focus on resolving open on-topic issues.

Michael Hammer