Unless I’m misunderstanding, a General Purpose Domain is a separate domain or
at least subdomain:

*   You’d use a General Purpose Domain (GPD) exclusively for Mailing Lists
*  You would designate either a subdomain or a less critical org domain as your
GPD.
* The GPD MUST NOT have an enforcing policy of reject. That is, the policy of a
GPD must remain p=none.

The heading is Interoperability considerations which is a section mostly
talking about indirect mail flows. The explanation’s cursory for such a common
and challenging problem.

I’d say start with defining the problem and solution in more depth, giving
Mailing Lists its own heading under Indirect mail flows with a clearly
delineated problem and solution even at the risk of some redundancy.

Otherwise, I think there will be a lot of busy people who will miss the
indirect mail bit entirely and many who do read it won’t grok what exactly
they’re supposed to do and why.

 Neil