From: dmm <dmm-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Horiba, Katsuhiro
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2023 10:03 AM
To: dmm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [DMM] DMM WG Adoption Poll (2) for "Mobile User Plane Evolution" -
draft-zzhang-dmm-mup-evolution-06

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

Hello,

> ANUP solely addresses user plane convergence and tries to liaise with 3GPP,
> but I'm afraid this is a half-baked attempt.

I concur with this observation, as a co-author of
draft-mhkk-dmm-srv6mup-architecture-05.
Control plane convergence should indeed play a pivotal role in realizing the
original DMM concept,
as the control plane information serves as the foundation for route
advertisements from (R)AN.
The genuine potential of ANUP can be fully realized when both user and control
plane convergence are achieved.

Is there anyone willing to take the lead in driving control plane convergence
for (R)AN within the IETF?

Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Horiba