Le 04/06/2015 17:08, KatolaZ a écrit :
The debian installer does*not*  provide non-free firmware but allows
the user to provide it in a separete medium (e.g.,a USB stick) and the
installer will ask during installation if the user wants to use that
firmware.

There is a*separate*  netinst CD which includes non-free firmware for
network adapters, and no more. It is made available, but it is*not*
the default netinst, and marked as*unofficial*.
I didn't notice the existence of this unofficial netinst cd. Hope it will exist for Devuan.

Actually, if it wasn't hidden in some way, it would be the practical default, I mean the one chosen by the default educated user. Everyone prefers to avoid the burden to provide a firmware package in an usb stick :-)

    Didier