On 06/11/2015 12:56 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 20:15:13 +0200
Jaromil <jaro...@dyne.org> wrote:

re all,

to avoid dispersion I've hacked together a file download zone which is
pulling builds from various places and updating a binary file
repository where people can download the latest ALPHA series
releases. Also the integration with the new "debakker" tool
automatically producing Qemu compressed images is on the way. The
result is visible here:

http://files.devuan.org

This file repository will be kept up to date with latest releases, it
now comprises of the Alpha2 i386 announced by Daniel aka
Centurion_Dan, the Alpha2 amd64 built through our CI by Nextime and a
Qemu image of the latter. Plus some historical traces of previous
Alpha releases.
This is too cool! Thanks to the ease of grabbing an ISO, I was able to
install Devuan 64 bit net install on a VirtualBox VM. It had several
errors, including some "debootstrap" stuff on nCurses, but I just kept
trying over again until the whole thing got installed. I can now surf
the net with Iceweasel.

Thank you so much for this file repository. It makes it much easier for
me to keep working with Devuan.

It seems my fresh netboot install this morning has swallowed and installed systemd. It was an "expert" 64bit install of "jessie" with XFCE and subsequently firmware-linux-non-free had been installed for the embeded video and then the fglrx-driver installed. Not sure where it picked up the systemd along that path.

Removing it and its namesake friends took out Network Manager, PulseAudio, CUPS and a bunch of assorted other bits
I installed WICD to send this and will now put the furniture back in place.

Warning: You will probably be seeing more of this kind of info from simple folks like me, now that testing is easier with a netboot iso.

Clarke

.