Le 16/08/2015 08:11, Laurent Bercot a écrit :
On 16/08/2015 06:53, Steve Litt wrote:
The toughest part is how to store the passwords in a way that isn't a
security problem.

 Unfortunately, /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf doesn't have an include feature
(which is strange, because hostapd supports a wpa_psk_file option).
So you have to store the passwords (or the equivalent binary PSKs) in the configuration file, and make this file readable only from root - which means
you need a small suid root binary to write the whole configuration file.

Password security isn't a problem that you can fix at the interface level, it's something that must be tightly integrated with the tool that uses the
password - and there's no doubt wpa_supplicant could do better here.

    wpa_supplicant.conf contains very little apart from the authentication
information for the various wifi stations, therefore there is little need to
put the passwords in different files.

Wpa_gui discovers the properties of the stations (crypting and authentication methods) and prompts you for the passwords. Then it passes all connection and
authentication information to wpa_supplicant, which stores them. I bet the
same is possible with wpa_cli and wpa_actions, which are packaged with
wpa_supplicant.

I have made my wpa_gui suid, but I just read the following in 'man wpa_cli':

# The control interface of wpa_supplicant can be configured to allow non-root user access # (ctrl_interface GROUP= parameter in the configuration file). This makes it possible to run wpa_cli
#      with a normal user account.

    Just 'adduser myself wifigroup'

    Didier