Le 22/07/2016 07:01, Rick Moen a écrit :
Quoting Didier Kryn (k...@in2p3.fr):

BTW my laptop has an English keyboard because it is impossible in
Europe to buy one with a US keyboard.
You're not missing a _thing_!  ;->  (I say this as a native speaker of
English, who also speaks American through translation.)

With a French keyboard, I can write in en-UK or en-US, and it is also much more convenient when writing in fr-FR.

I just prefer a US keyboard for writing programs because the layout has been hardcoded in my fingers by almost 40 years of programming and I find it definitely more convenient for that task.

In Europe you can buy your HP with only an European or Saoudian (dunno why) keyboard.

    Didier