Le 22/07/2016 07:24, Rick Moen a écrit :
Quoting Didier Kryn (k...@in2p3.fr):

>With a French keyboard, I can write in en-UK or en-US, and it is
>also much more convenient when writing in fr-FR.
Vraiment?  C'est intéressant.  ('Truly?  This is interesting.')
I must confess ignorance.  FWIW, usually in my experience, the main
disadvantage of US keyboards is lack of a Euro-symbol key, but there are
easy workarounds.

Jeg kan også skrive inn mitt tredje språk.  (I can also write my third
language.)

Same problem as you: accents aren't available on En keyboards (or by tricks I ignore). I use to pick them from various documents with the mouse - or use a Fr keyboard.

Keyboards' layouts have been originally dictated by typewtiters' mechanics: to prevent the collisions of the hammers, letters which can appear close together in words are distant on the keyboard.

In En/US keyboards, digits, / and # are lower case, which is objectively more convenient to write programs.

    Didier