On 09/07/2017 04:30 AM, Alessandro Selli wrote:

On Wed, 6 Sep 2017 at 17:12:27 -0400
zap <calmst...@posteo.de> wrote:

Agreed! Talos is at least *LIBRE!*
   No, it ain't:
https://blog.rapid7.com/2013/07/02/a-penetration-testers-guide-to-ipmi/

        "BMCs and the IPMI Protocol

        Baseboard Management Controllers (BMCs) are a type of embedded
        computer used to provide out-of-band monitoring for desktops and
        servers. These products are sold under many brand names, including HP
        iLO, Dell DRAC, Sun ILOM, Fujitsu iRMC, *IBM IMM*, and Supermicro
        IPMI."

   IBM stuff is plagued by embedded controlware, too.
Uhh no it is
There is a major difference between ME/PSP and IBM's POWER-BMC - One is open source and owner controlled the other two aren't.