kato...@freaknet.org writes:
And what if you want to use your own unsigned bootloader? Why should
you ask someone else the permission to boot your own machine? o_O

Because I want deny people with physical access the ability to boot unsigned bootloaders.

I am both the owner of my hardware and the person who usually has physical access. Requiring signed boot loaders is way to transfer rights from latter role to someone else — in my case I'd prefer to transfer them to the former for all portable hardware, so for my next laptop I'm going to do the MOK stuff described on this list last week.

Arnt