Le 23/10/2017 à 16:35, Arnt Gulbrandsen a écrit :
Didier Kryn writes:
    For me the things which need to be protected are

    1) the data
    2) the OS, to avoid backdoors

I can't see any need to protect a motherboard against booting from a "foreign" disk.

To access the data: Boot from foreign media, modify or replace the usual boot partition so it looks right until it asks for the disk encryption password, turn off the host, wait for the owner to turn it on and type in the password, done.

I've read previously on this list that secureboot doesn't prevent booting from a usb key... Or did I misunderstood?

            Didier