Hi there,

I finally managed to prepare inital devuan packages for elogind.
I have split up the stuff in multiple packages, sysv init script
for elogind is prepared. Also a libpam-elogind package is build
which sets field "Provides: libpam-systemd". Thus I was able to
install (and run) Gnome 3 Desktop (gnome-session) with skipping some
"Recommends"

If anyone like to try it out, checkout branch suites/experimental
from https://git.devuan.org/amesser/elogind.git and build with
debbuild. This is my first package, comments are welcome.

I have already found several issues with using it:

When using elogind, consolekit might not working anymore
(ck-list-sessions is empty for me). Maybe this is an lightdm
issue, for tty logins the session shows up in consolekit
and in loginctl.

The Shutdown/Reboot buttons and filesystem mounting
neither work in KDE5 nor in Gnome 3. The mounting might be
related to udisks. I think we have to modify udisks package
to support elogind (instead of systemd). In Archlinux AUR there
is udisks2-elogind which has some patch included.

I have no clue about the power buttons, especially KDE5. Because
KDE already sayis in its console out, that it found logind.
When using loginctl from commandline I can halt/reboot the
system. So its not a general problem of logind.

There are some things with package file structure which might
be improved. I'm building elogind with the options recommended
in autogen.sh. But this implies that commands and libs are
installed to /bin and /lib and some very obscure thing, elogind
itself is installed to /lib/elogind/elogind. I suggest to install
it to /usr/bin, /usr/sbin and /usr/lib as usual and dropping that
weird /lib/elogind folder? Oppinions?

cheers,
Andreas
--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51