KatolaZ wrote on 15.01.2018 11:30:
> Dear D1rs,
>
> as recently discussed, our Andreas Messer has worked on packaging
> elogind in the last few days. elogind is a replacement for the
> "logind" systemd component, maintained by the Gentoo folks, and should
> in theory allow packages which need libpam-systemd and logind services
> to be installed on Devuan without problems (and without requiring
> libpam-systemd itself)
>
> The package is now available in Devuan in "ascii-proposed" and
> "experimental". Please test it extensively and report any issue on
> bugs.devuan.org.
[...]

I installed the package from ascii-proposed in an ascii VM without any
problems. However, how would one go about actually testing it?  The
system uses lightdm as the DM and XFCE as DE, but not much in terms of
bells and whistles. Think of it as a radically stripped down version of
my actual desktop kitchen-sink: 907 vs. 3146 installed packages.

Any hints or directions what packages or functionalities could be tried
out to give elogind a spin?
Best regards
Urban

--