On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 01:00:30PM +0300, Hleb Valoshka wrote:
> On 1/16/18, Andreas Messer <a...@bastelmap.de> wrote:
> > When elogind pam module is enabled, the session is correctly registered
> > with elogind. This can be done by following steps:
>
> Afaik pam module is required only for terminal sessions, for DM it
> usually isn't required unless your DM doesn't support it directly, but
> as elogind is a replacement for logind it should be supported by any
> DM which supports logind.

Yes we have to figure out if any of the DM works without the pam stuff, but
there are people who use terminal sessions :-) And for them, enabling the
module will break consolekit. So an example, when elogin pam is not enabled
the following works with devuan if consolekit and udisks is installed:

1) login
2) plug in usb stick
3) udisksctl mount ....

But when enabling pam elogind you will get:
1) login
2) plug in usb stick
3) udisksctl mount
   <Permission denied>

Which is because when the elogin pam module is enabled, consolekit does not list
the session anymore, so activating it effectively breaks consolekit. I don't
know why this happens. I need to try with consolekit2, maybe this is fixee
already. Original consolekit is pretty old stuff. Btw. did you put the
consolekit2 package somewhere already?

Tomorrow, I'll provide a lists of steps what to test with elogind so we can
check what
is working and what not.