Hleb Valoshka wrote on 17.01.2018 20:54:
> On 1/17/18, Irrwahn <irrw...@freenet.de> wrote:
>
>>     * screen sessions killed on logout
>>       (regression, works with elogind disabled!)
>
> This is because elogind is designed to be logind replacement (and
> actually shares its code) and so it's bug-for-bug compatible. Systemd
> uses cgroups to track processes and on logout kills all user's
> processes started during the session.

According to A. Messer this behavior can be changed in a configuration
file.

>>     *  urban@vboxascii:~$ loginctl reboot
>>        AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.login1.reboot
>
> This is incorrect behaviour. Required privileges should be granted
> automatically due to pam module, could you show your
> /etc/pam.d/session-common?
>
> Oh, wait...
>
>>        Connection to 192.168.2.167 closed by remote host.
>
> Remote connection, so this explains the previous message.
>
> Can you repeat the same but with a local login?

Outcome is the same when logged in via a VT console, while elogind
is fully enabled (and ck2 and pk installed). With elogind disabled
(ck+pk only), no extra authentication is needed.

However, I just finished debootstrapping a fresh ascii VM, and
interestingly USB mounting with ck2 is broken again. Presumably I
previously messed around with the older VM I made the tests with,
possibly hacked open some polkit actions, or the like. Thus, the
results I got must be taken with considerably more than just a grain
of salt! OTOH, the reboot/shutdown sequences look the same as before,
i.e. requiring extra authentication.

HTH, regards
Urban
Sapere aude!