On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 03:13:24PM -0500, ghostlands wrote:
> As I said, I'm not sure, it seems intermittent. Vaguely, and this is the main
> thing, I think I'm not always getting the full packagelist. SOometimes there
> are packages I know are available in Debian without systemd dependencies, but
> they don't appear in Synaptic. Onionshare is one example.

Uh?

$ apt-cache policy onionshare
N: Unable to locate package onionshare
$

According to Debian:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=onionshare&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

onionshare is not in Stretch, hence it cannot be in ascii.

> Other times I suspect I'm getting a ton of plain Debian packages (which I
> understand is normal) but with various libsystemd0 dependencies.

Define "a ton" please. It is pretty unusual to get "a ton" of package
upgrades in Devuan ASCII, apart from security updates. ASCII is
merging Debian stretch, which is stable, so not much is happening
there...

> This is my sources list:
>
> deb tor://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii main contrib non-free
> deb-src tor://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii main contrib non-free
>
> deb tor://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-security main contrib non-free
> deb-src tor://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-security main contrib
> non-free
>
> deb tor://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src tor://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-updates main contrib
> non-free
>
> # Devuan repositories
> deb tor://packages.devuan.org/merged ascii main contrib non-free
> deb-src tor://packages.devuan.org/merged ascii main contrib non-free

The latter one is redundant, hence useless. It is equivalent to:

  deb tor://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii main contrib non-free
  deb-src tor://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii main contrib non-free

My2Cents

KatolaZ