Hi John,

On 27/10/17 11:29, John Hughes wrote:
Debian's runit maintainer, Dmitry Bogatov, was arrested, accused of "preparing to organize mass disorder" and making "public calls for terrorist activit".  He runs a TOR exit node and is accused of posting things that were probably posted by some other TOR user.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/04/access-now-and-eff-condemn-arrest-tor-node-operator-dmitry-bogatov-russia

Like in the Stalin's days gone by. I missed this new, i'll read it in detail today.

The last time I downloaded, compiled and installed
runit it worked just fine.
The problem is with runit-init, not runit.  runit is still in Debian (and, hence, Devuan).

The problem is Debian bug 861536 -- installing runit-init makes it impossible to shutdown or reboot until the next boot.

As i said in a recent thread, you can shutdown/reboot doing (it requires granted permissions):

runit-init 0

runit-init 6

I'm working on a logout dialog for runit with suid permissions.

Cheers,

  Aitor.