Le 15/06/2018 à 02:05, Michael McConnell a écrit :
Thanks for the reply, but at no point during the install do I see an option to install the “necessary” drivers? I just ran through the install once more and still don’t see any prompt or indication asking about supporting USB drivers. I did the install using a USB keyboard on both the VM instance and the dedicated hardware.

    AFAIR, this choice has been present in Debian installer for at least a decade and I confirm it's still present in Devuan-ASCII - I don't remember in which step though.

    The choice is rather radical and the option to only install the drivers for devices present at install time is mostly meant for industrial SBCs and hand-held devices which don't accept any hot-pluggable device. It is also interesting for security reasons.

    It would be nice to have an intermediate choice including all common hot-pluggable devices, but, there isn't. It might help to install from a USB stick, or just pug one in during install.

    Didier