From: fsmithred <fsmith...@gmail.com>
 To: dng@lists.dyne.org
 Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:17 AM
 Subject: Re: [DNG] Refracta no-dbus experiment

On 06/19/2018 03:44 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

>> I was setting at the check box's.  I finished the install and it said it
>> was done and to reboot. I rebooted but nothing was installed!?!
>>
>> I choose a no-format install with existing /home all on /sda2. It
>> collected user name, root and user passwd.  My partitions are ext4 is
>> that a problem?
>

> I went and installed Devuan Jessie net-install minimum and tdebase as I
> had the partition ready for install, I'm using it now.  But I have more
> partitions, maybe try again later. :)
>
> Thanks,

It sounds like you were trying to do this with only one partition. If you
use either of the 'separate /home' options, /home needs to have its own
partition, and the OS needs another partition.

There's no problem using ext4. That's the default. If you want something
other than ext2/3/4 you need to format it how you want and use the
'no-format' option.

fsr