On 2019-01-01 15:40, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 13:51:58 -0600, goli...@dyne.org wrote in message
<80c73e7cb3edf956e191a56acaeb4...@dyne.org>:

This useful information is beyond the scope of these INSTALL guides.
But there are already pages on the website that cover much of it.
Does it really need to be repeated?
https://devuan.org/os/releases
https://devuan.org/os/filenaming

..I'd say yes, we _are_ dealing with humans, the very source of human
errors, some errors happen because humans have gold fish type attention
spans that make them forget what they read in 2 minutes ago, often
because they watch waaay too much TV. ;o)

Sadly, this is the world we live in.

desktop-live: refracta installer for bios or uefi (recommended for
reviews)

..this gives "tech" magazine writers the best impression to base their
review story on?

It is the easiest way to have a quick look.

minimal-live: refracta installer console-based system (focus
on accessibility)

..this will work for blind people?

Yes. KatolaZ has worked extensively with the speakup community and the iso has been tested by blind users on this list.

netinst: classic network installer, downloads packages from the
network

..we should add "all" or "ALL", saying "classic network installer,
downloads ALL packages from the network."

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the base system installed from the iso and only the choices made during the installation process downloaded?

cd: classic CD installer with base packages (not recommended for
desktop)

..why not???

I had forgotten about that page. Yes that iso list from many years ago needs to be harmonized with the revisions on the site.

> Rename to “What Installation image should I chose?”

There has to be a more concise way of saying that.  ;)  Minimalism
rules here.  ;)

..some people need to be _told_ they can choose, before
they will get off their ass choosing an option.

I'll try to find a happy medium.

That information is already on the index and get-devuan pages of the
website as well as one of the links posted above.  Those who will not
seek will not find.

...and those who do not know or see they can or should seek, will not
seek.  Etc.

Exactly. Not Devuan's problem.

Cheers,

golinux