Le 14/03/2019 à 09:10, Steve Litt a écrit :
On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 22:54:34 +0100
KatolaZ <kato...@freaknet.org> wrote:

Ask those who *absolutely* *needed* usb sticks to be
immediately automounted irrespective whatever DE they were using, and
wanted the icon on the panel as soon as the drive was up.
I and another guy on the DNG list solved that one a couple years ago
with inotifywait and some shellscript-fu. And our solution worked
whether or not X was running.

    If there was a button on USB sticks which could be used to tell the kernel "Hey kernel! I'm going to disconnect, please unmount me.", Then I think I could use an automounter. In the present situation, I prefer a menu which lists the visible hotplug partitions and allows the user to open a menu to mount/unmount the partition or eject the device.

    Monitoring the partitions, their label and wether they are mounted is already done. I'm now dealing with making a GUI with that data. If you know of a mean to use Dmenu to implement this GUI, I would be willing to work with you.

    Didier