Hi again, Steve

On 3/9/22 13:12, aitor wrote:

Hi Steve,

On 3/9/22 0:40, Steve Litt wrote:
Any chance of my getting the source code to compile on my computer?
Yes, I have it working in my Void Linux:
https://www.gnuinos.org/gmixer/amixer-gtk.png
You can download the tarball from here:
https://www.gnuinos.org/gmixer/amixer-gtk.tar.xz
Then, you need to remove pulseaudio and install the following dependencies:

  - make
  - base-devel  (provides g++)
  - pkg-config
  - alsa-lib-devel
  - gtkmm2-devel
  - libsigc++dev
  - procps-ng-devel
  - wmctrl

The last one is a runtime dependency required in order to send the application
to the current desktop workspace via:

   $ wmctrl -i -r $(wmctrl -l | grep " amixer-gtk$" | cut -d ' ' -f 1) \
        -t $(xprop -root -notype _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP | cut -d ' ' -f 3)

Once you've installed all the packages, use the make commands:

make,
   make clean,
   make cleanall,
   make install,
   make uninstall

Amixer-gtk is a very recent project and there might be some possible bugs. If
so, please let me know.
Thanks for your interest in the project!

Today I did a mistake somewhere and the gui is not receiving sound event
notifications. I'll fix this issue as soon as possible.
On the other hand, I have tested it on other machines (on august I had only one
computer to hand), and it's working only for
the "hw:0" card, but I'll work on that too.

I'll let you know...

Cheers,

Aitor.