On 27/07/13 19:11, Uwe Schindler wrote:

In my opinion, dnsmasq should by default (like for stateful  IPv4
leases) use the lifetime specified in the dhcp-range to request the
clients to refresh this information. If it is explicitely given, of
course use the information from option6:information-refresh-time
setting.

I agree. My keyboard is clattering as we speak.

There's a bit of a complication, which is that DHCPv6 information-requests don't include the IP address of the client, so if an information-request arrives on an interface which has more than one address and more than one corresponding dhcp-range, then it's ambiguous which one to use. I propose that in such a case, the range with the smallest time will be used.

Simon.