On 2014-09-30 13:33, Nicholas Weaver wrote:
Although, to be honest, although the DHCP vector is trivial to exploit
[1], if the attacker can give you a bogus DHCP reply you've lost
already.

At this point, the attacker already has a full man-in-the-middle of
all network traffic, and can easily launch invisible attacks on
clients (e.g. cause a hidden iframe to appear to their metasploit
server instance, insert cached scripts into the browser context,
etc...).

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3118
Although this does rely on you trusting the DHCP server and I admit it's a non trivial setup as not many servers or clients actually support it.

[1] the DHCP server on my test network has: option domain-name "() {
ignored;}; /bin/touch pwnage ; (/bin/sleep 10; /bin/ping -c 10
10.128.0.2) & "; in its config

I have similar in my server config, but as the server id :)

Roy