...snip..

Re logging of all dns replies

I haven't tried this new code yet, but I just wanted to express my appreciation
for this getting
created! I have wanted to build a query logger/viewer for a while (in the style
of pi-hole's
viewer), and this fills in a missing piece of that! Thanks!

I guess if anyone was up for a challenge, it's become vaguely fashionable to
emit logs in a format
which is directly parseable by a computer, eg json or whatever. Whilst it's not
so tricky to parse
dnsmasq logs, the challenge is just keeping up to date with any changes or
missing a rare code path
or whatever. If they were directly parseable then this challenge is mitigated
significantly.

Simon, would you accept patches in this direction generally? Would you accept
incomplete
implementations with a view to migrating in stages? Anyone in opposition or
have a better suggestion?

Thanks again!

Ed W