On Fri, May 05, 2023 at 08:47:14PM +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
> On Fri, 05 May 2023 14:56:40 +0000, "Buck Horn" wrote:
>
> > Roy Marples's DHCP client daemon
> >    dhcpcd
> > is not the same as ISC's DHCP server daemon
> >    dhcpd.
> >
> > It would seem to me that Johan Vromans has been using the former:
> > I think I recognise the syntax.
>
> Yes, that's correct. The system is a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian. It is
> DHCP/DNS server (dnsmasq) for my LAN.
>
> As said earlier, all information [for this type of system] points towards
> setting the static address in /etc/dhcpcd.conf and apparently dhcpcd
> handles this situation. At least, this has been working for several years
> without problems. Until now, that is, thanks to some buggy(?) IoT devices.

It is too early to blame the IoT devices.

> I now have the static address setting in /etc/network/interfaces and
> disabled dhcpcd so everything is fine again, and hopefully more robust.
>
> Thanks all for your valuable feedback that helped me to find the problem
> and its solution.

https://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2023q2/017057.html
has:
}
} On second thought:
}    The problem could be how dhcpcd and dnsmasq work together.
}
} Or more likely:
}    The problem could be how dhcpcd and dnsmasq are configured.
}
}
} So far we have seen (parts of) dhcpcd configuration
} and no dnsmasq configuration at al.
}

That text in other words:

  Share with the dnsmasq mailinglist (archive) the dnsmasq configuration.
  The original problem is most likely solvable with the original dhcpcd
  configuration in-place.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--