Hey Evandro,

chaching of arbitrary types has been added this year in March and is
available in the latest master code (option --cache-rr). You can even
add --cache-rr=ANY to cache all records.

See
https://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=638c7c4d20004c0f320820098e29df62a27dd2a1
and
https://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=c244d92d8a3f96e3a16b53f733190faa17004ae3

and the corresponding man page entry:

--cache-rr=<rrtype>[,<rrtype>...]
By default, dnsmasq caches A, AAAA, CNAME and SRV DNS record types.
This option adds other record types to the cache. The RR-type can be
given as a name such as TXT or MX or a decimal number. A single --cache-
rr option can take a comma-separated list or RR-types and more than one
--cache-rr option is allowed. Use --cache-rr=ANY to enable caching for
all RR-types.

This feature is included in the current Pi-hole v6.0 beta testing to get
a wide testing audience (it is enabled to cache ANY in Pi-hole) but more
testing is always welcome!

Best,
Dominik