I run dnsmasq instead of systemd-resolved on all my systems.

I have just built a new xubuntu 24.04 system and, having disabled
systemd-resolved and installed dnsmasq it appears to be working OK but
the /etc/resolv.conf symbolic link is broken, so there's no
/etc/resolv.conf which upsets some programs.

Should I just manually edit /etc/resolv.conf or is there some better
way of handling this?  All the systems in question just use dnsmasq
for local DNS cacheing and use the router at 192.168.1.1 for upstream
DNS queries.  Thus, on other systems on the LAN, I just have an
/etc/resolv.conf file as follows:-

    search zbmc.eu
    nameserver 127.0.0.1

Should I just create an /etc/resolv.conf like this for the new system?

--
Chris Green