Olafur,

On 20-Jul-2007, at 23:11, Olafur Gudmundsson wrote:

Section 1.2 (issue)
I think this section is out of date, most recursive resolvers support ENDS
by now. In a quick sample I did on my authoritative nameserver logs
I found almost 20000 different addresses that asked my server questions
during 12.25 days earlier this month.
over    86% of outside queries have ENDS0
over    79% of outside addresses sent at least one ENDS0 query
only    1% of outside addresses are inconsistent in ENDS0 use.

It's possible that the recursive resolvers which contact your authority servers are not representative of the global population. The content on your server is not as generally popular as on google.com's servers, or a root server, etc.

I think it would be instructive for someone to do a measurement exercise on a root server and identify what proportion of non-junk queries are made with EDNS0.

Joe