On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 01:39:33AM +0000, Lican Huang wrote:
> 2^128 addresses may be not used all.  But I  am doubtful of  " A more
> realistic estimate of address usage would be 100 * earth's population. " .
> There are many public equipments with IP addresses in the future, may be in
> the street, or any public spaces.
>   However, this is not problem.  If domain names is just combinations of
> characters, the domain names may never exhausted forever.  My argue is
> "giving a new registered domain name some social meaning known by lots of
> other people other than just by the owner himself would be better, because
> domain name needs some additional value  for the corresponding IP address".

        and just HOW are "lots of other people" going to aquire
        "some social meaning"?  by looking for the registry named
        "us8rjdfspiiqqbgztr3f" and then finding a link that
        maps   "xn-feedG.cog.xn-B04s.la.ca.us." to a site that has
        the best licorice recipies in the known solar system?

        or are you going to outlaw strings that have no meaning for you
        and some arbitary group of "other people"?  a domain name has no
        -NEED- to have any additional value beyond a unique mapping to
        one or more IP addresses.

--bill