On 19 Aug 2008, at 22:32, Dean Anderson wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, bert hubert wrote:
>>
>> What's the rush with deprecating DNS/TCP btw? It languished in the
>> shade for
>> 25 years..
>
> TCP doesn't work with Anycast, as was stated in RFC1546.

I just returned from a week with no Internet, living in a tent on the
Bruce Peninsular, and the lack of connectivity seems to have resulted
in a temporal anomaly! Threads that were long since buried with the
hard-tamped dirt of PR actions and BCP publications live once more!

I conclude that disconnecting from the Internet for a week has serious
consequences, and strongly advise against anybody else here trying
such a foolhardy experiment.

Joe