On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 10:45:02AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>       Title           : Preventing Use of Recursive Nameservers in Reflector
> Attacks
>       Author(s)       : J. Damas, F. Neves
>       Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil-06.txt
>       Pages           : 8
>       Date            : 2008-09-01

this draft is in the "IESG Evaluation" state.
The purpose of this update was to address the issues raised in the last
remaining
DISCUSS during IESG review (as mentioned during the DNSOP session in Dublin).
You can visit the changes (non-editorial only affecting the security
considerations section) through the tools site:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/draft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil/>
Editors, AD and shepherd (me) judged these changes to be minor enough and
non controversial not to require another WG round.
The draft will be approved as soon as the DISCUSS will have been released.

To clarify, there's nothing that would suggest against the chairs' judgement
of WG consensus being maintained.  That said, any further discussion of
whether or not the draft should have been worked on is probably
counterproductive
and consuming energy better spent on other current topics.
As any document, this document can be revisited at a later stage with time
passed and new facts on the table.
I'd not consider the perceived absence of facts establishing a "new fact".

-Peter [wearing a chair's hat]