(CC trimmed)

Having worked for a tier-1 provider and started two ISPs in the past,
I am certain that BCP38 won't be universally deployed as that is
operationally very hard and costly in larger networks. This
effectively means that there will still be attack vectors open using
recursive reflectors. Attacks using open recursors are real. I wish I
could share data or evidence, but as is usually the case in security
operations, people are not very happy to share the details. The best
we have is what I assume is the data point from the largest commercial
observer and regular study (Danny's survey) from the global operations
forums. Dean has already decided that to disregard that data, so I
have no idea what other public source of data he would trust.

I support the publication of the document.

- - kurtis -