--On lördag, lördag 7 mar 2009 10.04.30 -1000 David Conrad
<d...@virtualized.org> wrote:

>> Without knowing the policy for the 2nd level domain, I think it is
>> very hard to say whether a given TLD level is safe or not.
>
> Unfortunately, as you're aware, policy at the second level varies over
> time and there are few (if any) limitations placed upon the evolution of
> that policy.  Attempts by ICANN to constrain 2nd level policy would
> unlikely be a bit ... challenging (particularly in the ccTLD space).

Does not ISO3166 solve that problem for us with regards to allowed
characters in the TLD label?

--
Måns Nilsson                    M A C H I N A

Tex SEX!  The HOME of WHEELS!  The dripping of COFFEE!!  Take me to
Minnesota but don't EMBARRASS me!!