Andrew Sullivan wrote:

>>Remember that DNSSEC was developed because it was believed to make
>>DNS proven to be secure.

> You're equivocating on "proof" or "secure" or maybe both.
>
> DNSSEC allows you to prove that, assuming secure keys, you're getting
> the the correct (i.e. authoritatively-sourced) answer.

As a person who have been working on DNS before early days of DNSSEC,
I remember very well why DNSSEC was developed.

As is written in RFC2065:

   Careful key generation is a sometimes overlooked but absolutely
   essential element in any cryptographically secure system.

That is, DNSSEC was wrongly believed to be cryptographically secure.

> If you dislike the word "prove" and cognates to be used for anything

"cryptographically secure" is fatal enough.

                                                Masataka Ohta