On 2012-06-02, at 03:01, SM wrote:

> The authors of draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework-07 have stated that:
>
>  "This Internet-Draft is submitted in full conformance with the
>   provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79."
>
> It is simply a matter of asking them an appropriate question. :-)  I note
> that the listed affiliations are Kirei AB, .SE and ICANN.

To the best of my knowledge and as one of the authors of the document, the
draft is submitted in full conformance with BCP 78 and BCP 79. Both current and
previous versions of BCP 78 allows the creation of derivative work within the
IETF standards process (which includes the Internet-Drafts function), unless
explicitly disallowed in the notices contained in a contribution.

There are no such limitations in the IPR of 3647. In addition, is seems to me
as the full copyright statement of 3647 states that some derivative works
outside of the IETF standards process is allowed, provided that the same full
copyright statement is included in that document. But since this is a work
which falls within the scope of the IETF standards process, that clause does
not seem to apply.

Everything above is my own laymans interpretation.

> Quoting Section 1.1:
>
>   "Even though this document is heavily inspired by the Internet X.509
>    Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Policy and Certification
>    Practices Framework [RFC3647], with large parts being drawn from that
>    document"
>
> I don't see any mention of that in the Acknowledgements Section of the draft.

Thanks for pointing that out, I will make sure to add the appropriate
acknowledgements.

> There is a pre5378 license clause which was used in an update of a RFC which
> predates RFC 3647.  This draft is a different and unusual case.

Earlier licenses seems to me to have the same provisions on derivative work.
Even if this is an unusual case, I have not yet found anything that contradicts
the aforementioned conclusion on my part.

All the best,

-- Fredrik