On 2013-04-03, at 11:00, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2013, at 7:11 AM, Joe Abley <jab...@hopcount.ca> wrote:
>
>> We have received a small number of responses which are accessible from that
>> page.
>
> Maybe that should be a strong indication of how little people care about this?

Maybe, for sure. But in case it's because people just forgot the question had
been asked, I thought I'd send a reminder.

> Note that none of the responses so far come from administrators of signed
> TLDs, the folks most directly affected by a roll. It is hard to tell why that
> might be, but I suspect that it involves trepidation and maybe outright fear.
> Of course, they cannot voice that publicly.

I think there's an argument that the people most directly affected by a roll
will be end users to whom DNS responses are being validated. A KSK rollover in
the root zone has no impact on signing operations at TLDs, or at any other zone.

>> If you have experience, opinions or expertise to contribute,
>
> The first and third are way more important that the second, although people
> with the second can certainly make it sound like they have the third.

People with experience or expertise usually have opinions, in my experience :-)

Joe