On 3 Apr 2013, at 16:11, Paul Wouters <p...@nohats.ca> wrote:

> It's the vendors of equipment supporting DNSSEC that have
> the real issues. If they shipped with a root anchor, and their stuff
> is offline for 5 years and turned on, their DNS will be broken and 5011
> isn't going to be useful to them.....

Fair enough Paul, but how much of a problem could that realistically be and is
it worth bothering about?

I think nothing is needed here except perhaps a statement of the bleeding
obvious: "if you miss too many key rollovers, Very Bad Things will happen so
make sure you have a foolproof way of recovering from that". eg Have some out
of band means of fetching and verifying the current version of the One True
Trust Anchor.