On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Paul Hoffman wrote:

We have received a small number of responses which are accessible from that
page.

Maybe that should be a strong indication of how little people care about this?
Note that none of the responses so far come from administrators of signed TLDs,
the folks most directly affected by a roll.

Those are not at all most directly affected. The TLDs dont have to do
anything. It's the vendors of equipment supporting DNSSEC that have
the real issues. If they shipped with a root anchor, and their stuff
is offline for 5 years and turned on, their DNS will be broken and 5011
isn't going to be useful to them.....

I'd say addressing that problem should be done before rolling the root
key.

Paul