On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, Tim Wicinski wrote:

After some discussion we're proposing adding two items to the DNSOP charter:

---

5. Address possible minor changes or extensions to the DNS Protocol, initially with a focus on the operational impacts of these changes. Act as clearinghouse or providing advice to ADs and other WGs on EDNS0 options, new RRTYPEs, record synthesis, or other mechanics of extending DNS to support other applications.

6. Publish documents which address DNS-related issues, by identifying and documenting the problem space around the issue. The group will then discuss these issues and decide if which group should address the solution space.

Those would be a good addition to the charter, and solve a problem that
I have with some of my minor extensions drafts. I would support this.

Paul