On Apr 1, 2014, at 6:39 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <hal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I agree, but you are proposing a different DNSSEC model to the one they
> believe in.
>
> The DNS world has put all their eggs into the DNSSEC from Authoritative to
> Stub client model. They only view the Authoritative to Resolver as a
> temporary deployment hack.

And in that case (which is, I agree, what is needed), the time to verify really
doesn't matter one fucking bit, since those clients really won't care about an
extra 50 MICROseconds to validate the crypto.  Heck, they won't notice 50
milliseconds...

> Weakening the crypto algorithms to make the architecture work is always a
> sign that the wrong architecture is being applied.

And weakening the crypto needlessly like this is even worse.  IMO, all DNSSEC
software should simply refuse to generate <2048b RSA keys.

--
Nicholas Weaver                  it is a tale, told by an idiot,
nwea...@icsi.berkeley.edu                full of sound and fury,