On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 11:33:20AM -0400, Ted Lemon wrote:
> Bear in mind that all you _really_ have to do is get a bogus ZSK with the
> current time into the resolver, which you may be able to do with some
> clever NTP shenanigans over a relatively short timescale.   But yeah,
> this isn't likely to be useful except in cases where a device has been
> powered off, doesn't have an accurate battery-backed-up clock, and does
> DNSSEC, which is a weird set of circumstances.

I predict that will be a less weird set of circumstances in a year or
so: dnsmasq now has DNSSEC validation in beta.

(Tony Finch has a nifty idea to replace ntpdate with a quorum of tlsdate
nut to crack. https://git.csx.cam.ac.uk/x/ucs/u/fanf2/temporum.git)

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.